Monday 7 April 2008

We are the champions


We are the champions - of the world.



My daughter Caja plays piano and one of the things she plays most often is this song by Queen. I think she plays it just because she likes it - it has nothing at all to do with our HIV status and I do not know if she has made the link at all?

She will often play it over and over again and did before we knew we had HIV.

But I am afraid that theses days when I hear her playing it I am often cose to tears.

I guess it is the association that Freddy Mercury was one of the first people to die of AIDs that the 'rock' and mainly heterosexual audience took any notice of??


Of course Freddie was never straight - something I was always aware of but it is surprising how many heterosexual rock fans of the time, just did not get this .............!!!
Nor the very BIG hint in the bands name - Queen!!!!!


That always amazes me how many did not have a clue he was gay or at least bi and would not believe you if you told them - because I did try!!!!!!!

Anyway Caja is playing this right now

We are the Champions ...................

And while I know he probably wrote this before he was aware of his HIV - but then again I am not sure - as the words are so appropriate!!

We are all damn champions who have to live with this in our lives

______________________________________________________

I've paid my dues - Time after time - I've done my sentence But committed no crime - And bad mistakes I've made a few I've had my share of sand kicked in my face - But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends And we'll keep on fighting - till the end - We are the champions - We are the champions No time for losers 'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

I've taken my bows And my curtain calls - You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it - I thank you all -

But it's been no bed of roses No pleasure cruise - I consider it a challenge before the whole human race - And I ain't gonna lose -

We are the champions - my friends And we'll keep on fighting - till the end - We are the champions - We are the champions No time for losers 'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

No comments: