Sunday 16 March 2008

We have some members on the HIV Womens Network!

It is great that now two women have joined me on the Woman to Woman HIV Network.
http://hivwomenwest.proboards56.com/

I worked very hard yesterday to try to make both this blog and the forum more visually attractive. I will customise the forum properly when I have a few hours to spare as it does take a few hours

Sorry about the pink theme, it is not pink because I am a 'pink' person at all? . I used to hate pink when I was younger as the colour seemed to me to be a 'girly' passive, colour and I was not EVER that at all!!
However I have reclaimed it as an older woman and because I wanted a restful colour - so hence light pink - and I have used green on the PNI sites and Pink now goes with my hair!!!

Three forum posters may not seem like many - but it is a start! And most forums/boards start very slowly.

Years ago it took me about a year to establish the support forum for women with Post Natal Illness. For most of that first year there was only 4 of us.

And I have not as yet advertised this forum properly, as I just wanted to see how it went. But now will as I am sure that if I felt so isolated from other women with HIV to talk to for peer support and an idea about what it meant for them and how they coped with it, then I am sure many others feel the same.

I felt very alone, especially in the first couple of weeks of my diagnosis I so wanted to talk to other UK women and could not find anyone .
Anyway it is a good start and once it goes out on the KPS newsletter and perhaps on other organisations in Truro, Plymouth, Exeter and maybe Wales, I am sure it will pick up.

Great!!

No comments: